Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The vintage gypsy turns 50


A big day..... I keep hearing from loved ones and friends that a 50th birthday is a big day. I want to say hell yeah to that it. It is big for me for many reasons. Where I have been and where I am headed. Much has went on in those fifty years. Some very good things. The birth of all of my children is what stands out the most to me. A rough couple of years in the recent past of which has made me much stronger. Never easy loosing someone you love especially when it is by there own hand and could have been fixed. Oh well. Guess what... its ok, as a matter of fact it is wonderful because the change has brought great things. Great things like my wonderful and loving boyfriend whom I adore..... great love....no more dark days......big opportunities......amazing talented friends. So on my 50th birthday today I shall share with you my path of dreams. The path that I walk daily of which has been cleared so beautifully for me.


My new friend whom I lovingly call Lala. She is also known as "Chasing Claire DeLune". Lala sent me a message through Pinterest one day not so long ago and said we must be soul sisters and yes she was right. Lala is the most amazingly talented person I have ever known on the face of the earth. I have dreams that she has brought to life. I try to tell her all the time that I could set at the machine and sew all day or solder but without her vision and expertise my dream would still be sitting at the table or hanging in the closet with no where to go. Lala gave me and my art direction and this wonderful path that "Juju" as just begun to walk down. Lala shows me the way. Lala makes magic. Thank you I love you dearly.


My friend Wendy.... oh how I love my friend Wendy. Wendy has been there with me through a lot. Wendy watched me cry at work on a daily basis for a year. Wendy still watches me cry. Just thinking of what she means to me at this very moment brings a tear to my eye. She is one of the most loving, giving and understanding women I know. She never judges and always gets me. I tease her all the time that she has become a gypsy too. She has learned how to find and pick treasures with me. She texts me at midnight and listens to all my crazy brainstorms. She road trips with me even right around the corner. Most of all she laughs with me daily. Without Wendy I would be lost. Wendy and I shall grow old and work in the barn on the water together...... I love you Wendy. (I even made you skinny in your pic).


My friend Cindy......Cindy is my artsy friend that sees a vision in everything. I tend to be "in the box". I think within the boundaries of the sewing machine and the soldering iron. Cindy has a vision in every single object. She gets onto the wagon with me everyday and down the road of our vision we head while she is steadily saying  we can do this and this and this. According to her we can do anything and we shall. She sees no road blocks and the bumps are invisible and she laughs and say "c'mon girl lets go. I have found my part in this relationship has been focus. Everything and anything is a focus for her and this has opened up many doors for us. She knocks the fear away, sticks her boots on and out the door she goes. Cindy is a joy and inspiration and touches all our lives on a daily basis. I love you Cinin.


The "Fair Belle Maidens" aka my friends at work, Wendy's beautiful daughter Britney and Cindy's gorgeous daughter Michelle followed me into my dream this year....


And for my fall photo shoot they will follow me by plane, train or car as I unveil my amazing fall line of clothing and jewels .Lala and I can't decide which although she usually wins because she is much smarter than I. I hope you will come too.....



Many thanks to those things that continue to inspire me.
Does it get any better than Magonolia Pearl?

Gibbous Fashions..... the most amazing and inspiring studio I have ever laid eyes upon.


And NEVER EVER could I leave our Miranda Lambert whose music I dance to as I work......


Oh and the best for last..... good lord willing I shall buy a house. I have had several houses in my lifetime. Always a house that was picked out of necessity. Where the kids needed to be, size that was good for the family, many a fixer upper yada yada yada. Funny how the houses were always temporary. Never a house where I felt I had truly "landed". I now intend to find it...... finally find it. And when I do I shall celebrate, I shall close my eyes thank god, take the key and and never leave. I shall spend many a lost hour with my grand babies. My house shall not be fancy, it will be reflective of me.
A place to relax

and feast in the garden

                                                                   feed the animals


And last but not least the biggest dream of all...... the one I have so waited for, the one where we all shall gather to celebrate, dance and play.


The barn by the water.




5 comments:

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday Miss Geanie! How far you've came and have grown so much since we first chatted on Facebook. I have tears of happiness for you ~ you have a beautiful journey ahead of you and He shall bless you during your trip! 50's are fab!!
Love,
Jackie

Cinin said...

Just wanted to pop over and tell you that I have no present to give as valuable as the ones you have given me since we met....you are one of the friends that I have made on this journey that I would have never met if I hadn't opened Glitz & Glam Emporium.....they are right when they say things happen for a reason.....I am glad you were one of the reasons....you are one free spirited , fun,giggly,open minded,creative,gyspified member of the "Girls Club Only" that I love to call my friend....I only hope that you recieve all the blessing that you have earned on this very special birthday....I hope you smile and laugh all day with your heart light as you skip around and sprinkle fairy dust on everything you touch while celebrating your life today.....Happy Birthday ♥ ♥ ♥

MaryDee said...

Happy Birthday Blessings, JuJu! I love your birthday blog and your creative insights! Wishing you fabulous and awesome things in the year ahead. You have grown so much in just a short while; I look forward to following your journey with paths covered in pixie dust! Love you gal!

LaLa said...

You moved me so by your post, I feel tht my words pale in meaning, in comparison so I borrow from my fave author:

“If every life is a river, then it's little wonder that we do not even notice the changes that occur until we are far out in the darkest sea. One day you look around and nothing is familiar, not even your own face.
My name once meant daughter, grandaughter, friend, sister, beloved. Now those words mean only what their letters spell out; Star in the night sky. Truth in the darkness.
I have crossed over to a place where I never thought I'd be. I am someone I would have never imagined. A secret. A dream. I am this, body and soul. Burn me. Drown me. Tell me lies. I will still be who I am.”
― Alice Hoffman, Practical Magic

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Guirl I would have never in a million years guessed you were turning 50! Happy happy Birthday Wonderful Geanie! Here's to wishing you a wonderful and adventures year!


LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.....