Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kindness and friendships....

Four AM....(yep, frequents me alot). Caution: before you read this I decided when I finally got my long awaited blog that I would post whatever I felt I would journal. Although sometimes not always nice and pretty....it would be things that were real for me. This my friends would be one of those times. If I did not get it off of my chest so to speak then as my friend Wendy would say I would just "fixate" on it the rest of day.

I don't know why but I am a self proclaimed "fixer". Yes, fixer of objects which is why I am an artist. But, not just a fixer of things. Now this is not a good thing all the time (no one knows my weaknesses better than me) but I for some reason try to be a fixer of people too. May be why marriage  has not worked out for me, I always think I can fix them... (another story). At work I tend to be called the peacemaker. Yes, I do give people the benefit of the doubt (almost) always. Everybody else staring me down saying enough already and I am saying "but I like her" or " maybe she is having a hard day". Their reply to me is "she always has a hard day". Maybe so but.....

Yesterday I had one of these situations arise (not at work). It was the pettiest of things and before you knew it we were visiting Mt. Everest.  So many people got involved (a few with the best intentions and I truly do believe this) and feelings got hurt. It all started over something that should have been a good thing and in the end had so many twist and turns that even I could not keep up. This bothered me, still bothers me greatly because as the "fixer" I felt horrible about it and surely there must be a way for me to make it all better. I am here to tell you if there is I surely do not know how..... I guess at this point all I can say is "maybe someone was having a bad day", maybe a few people were "having a bad day" or maybe in today's society it would have been better to just pick up the phone instead of using the Internet so we were not misunderstood. I know at this point I appear to be rambling but I guess my thought on this would be can we all just not get along. No jumping to conclusions, no calling others on the carpet for the world to see because truly we really do not know what goes on in others lives on a daily basis. Be kind, we are sisters and brothers and if we do not uphold each other then what do we really have......


This is me and my friends Lori and Wendy last St. Patricks Day. I love them dearly and my life would be so empty without them. Since this picture was taken I have been so blessed to have had several other women come into my life. I cherish and uphold these friendships and try and thank god for them everyday.....I want to be a source of support for them, be able to share the good and the bad as we go along this journey we call life that is not always so easy. I am sure today I will over analyze yesterday and what I could have or should have done differently but I just want to say for anyone I offended or will offend in the future please just call me and ask me before jumping to conclusions. Maybe it is explainable....loosing a friendship over something that is a misunderstanding or someone getting there feelings hurt that is already down is really a bummer. Enough of the soapbox, thanks for listening.

xoxox
Juju

2 comments:

creations by joey said...

I think alot of things we say online can be taken so WRONG, I dont think any one has not had it happen to them.. As I said in the Nook, You are loved and if some one has a problem with some ones words or reactions to some thing, it is THEIR problem when they don't go to the source and try to straighten it out.. I love my friends and I know when we have a problem with our feelings being stepped on we go to the source.. I thought all grown ups were like that.. Hugs

LaLa said...

Oh Sista Gypsy Girl...so well put and heartfelt! I can't imagine you offending anyone ever....I'm sure all will be well again soon!

<3


LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.....