Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fear no more....

Amazing to me that just back in December my thoughts were so random. I had no focus....what to do first seemed to be the question I played over and over in my mind. It seemed overwhelming to me. I was frozen, unable to put anything in one direction and not understanding why. One morning I got up around 5 AM, settling into my normal routine (checking facebook and getting lost in Pinterest before I went off to my big girl job) as I logged in I saw a post from Jo Packham and immediately I "got it". Jo spoke of fear and how fear immobilized us. At first I thought could this be "the" Jo Packham of Where Women Create? The Jo Packham that we all admire from afar and love so much? As a smiled crept across my face I felt at that moment like she was my best friend. Jo was giving me some much needed advice, after all if she could be afraid so could I. Fear in fact is what has been with me for so very long...held me back from many things in my life. It was that day that I made a decision to not allow that fear in my life anymore. Never again would it stop me from allowing the things that I wanted so badly to begin to happen. Fear would no longer be an option for me. Can I say from that day forward my life has changed so much. Even though it was only a few months ago it feels like a lifetime. Since that day I have had many angels appear in the form of friends. These wonderful women have held me up and encouraged me beyond belief. Their willingness to reach out to me has been incredible. Many of them having no idea what an impact they have even had. I have unpacked over 100 boxes so that I could create a studio space in a small corner of the living room...


Have had my first Art Show, thank you Cindy Childers from Glitz and Glam Emporium you have become my sister....


Sold everything I took there and had an offer from the amazing Robyn Story to carry my soldered bottles at her store (I about fell out and died when she asked me, working on a one of a kind surprise for her now)...


Learned somewhat to use my camera (well at least point and shoot)....


Did my first photo shoot in the snow in Virginia with some hand dyed slips that me and my sweet mother worked on (fyi my mother bless her heart is a hoarder too. She must have pulled fifty slips out of her dresser as she smiled and we will not even discuss the hats in the basement)....



my mom

Have a business name, logo, etsy page and blog that the incredibly unique and talented Lori McGee has designed for me  .... (of which I definitely had to push the fear off of my shoulder to get in here and finally write in). Thank you Lori, you truly do have a chip in my brain and "get me" like no other....


And....I am going to be teaching soldered jewelry classes in addition to a photo shoot with Cindy Childers.  Cindy will be using her amazing talent to show off some more slips and one of a kind jewelry pieces for me which will be for sale in her store.


Thank you so much my friends (Wendy especially for listening to my hair brained ideas on a daily basis). Gotta run for now my friend MaryDee is texting me she is out at the flea market in Texas boot shopping lol. Rock on MaryDee keep those boots coming girl....


No fear around here for now just too busy.

xoxox
Juju

16 comments:

LaLa said...

You are courageous! I am proud to know you! And I feel priveleged to be the first to leave a comment on your blog.

xoxo
mcgee

Cinin said...

All I can say is "AWESOME"....as I sit here with tears streaming down my face I am so happy for you my new found friend....Dance...let the wind blow in your hair as you chase the dreams inside your mind.....and make them reality in your life ♥ ♥ ♥

She Who Runs Amok said...

It's beautiful! and exactly YOU.

~brenda

Debi said...

Geanie, I love your blog and your first post was a perfect introduction! I'm so proud of you! Fear is truly a destroyer...have battled it myself all my life, and still do at times. I use to let people really get into my head, and many of my dreams were never realized because of it. Slowly but surely I am recovering, but it still creeps in at time. I have a great man who has helped me so much, my cheerleader! He is all I have and he encourges me everyday. so glad I have meant you and relly look forward to following your journey from here! Wishing you every success! Love and hugs!

xoxo <3
Debi

Sister Patty said...

GEANIE!!! Is this REALLY the same lady I connected with a couple of months ago on Facebook??? I am so proud of you! Remember how I said to get that studio corner going? You don't really need a living room, now do you? Maybe you need to create a living room in a small corner of the studio!

Your blog is wonderful, Geanie! Congratulations sweetie... I knew you could do it!

Heart Vintage Design said...

Coming to you via Zen Cowgirl. What a beautiful blog and an inspiring post : )

KatCollects said...

Hi Sweet girl, your blog is beautiful and so YOU! I am wishing you much success as you follow your dreams. I think I will cook some "Cabbage" in your honor tonight, LOL
Hugs,
Kathy

Shabby Jen said...

Sometimes I wish I lived in a airsteam with homemade curtains and lived just like a Gypsy. My mom still sometimes calls me her little gypsy girl. I love your blog girl! I love what you got going on in your life now. Many blessings and tons of joy to you my friend!

cjBlue said...

Amazing and Inspiring!! Thank you for posting this, Love your Blog!!!

MaryDee said...

I'm here, and I,too, have tears of happiness at your accomplishments! I am so proud and happy for you, & it rocks I can boot shop for ya! {{HUGS}}

MaryDee said...

I'm here, and I,too, have tears of happiness at your accomplishments! I am so proud and happy for you, & it rocks I can boot shop for ya! {{HUGS}}

Stiltskin Studios said...

Just jump in, feet first! It all has a way of working itself out, if we just allow it :0)

Denise said...

Congratulations, Geanie! Live the dream!

Ormolulu said...

If Patty Green hadn't said it, I'd be saying it too . . . oh, yeah I AM saying it again!!! GEANIE!!! Is this REALLY the same woman I connected with a couple of months ago on Facebook and my blog?! Girlfriend, you wasted NO time getting your act together . . . WOWEE!!!!!!!! This is precious to me in more ways than you can know that you've soared out of the depths of fear and taken some of the toughest steps possible. Things will go up and things will go down . . . but you KNOW you can handle it no matter what! Sending you lots of love and congratulations on a beautiful beginning.

xoxo Debi

Sonia said...

So happy and proud of you Geanie. After I move, we will have to plan you teaching soldering here in VA.

Never give up girl!! Luv ya! XO
Sonia

Belle Inspiration Magazine said...

Well done Geanie, you're on your way! Everything you are creating is beautiful!
Bon week-end,
Mimi


LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.....