Monday, April 30, 2012

"Theatre of Dreams"


Some people would call it timing. I call it a lifetime journey. One that began so long ago and has continuously been there with me through the good and the bad in my life. Always prodding me along, the little voice whispering so softly your time will come....you will get there.


There is no rhyme or reason as to how or why I finally "arrived". My heart feels it as it skips a beat every time I look at the pictures from my very first photo shoot lovingly named "Fair Belle Maidens". The beauty of the color makes me want to sing and play as I reach to touch it. The slips as they dance on the clothesline beckoning me into them. I can feel the electricity as the wind blows and mother nature frolics all around. I hear the Maidens giggle.

All the collected treasures, (objects that made no sense to anyone but me) broken doll pieces, fragments of vintage jewelry, fabrics, slips and dresses that are torn and tattered long discarded by others..... they have arrived as well. I tried describing to my friend Cindy the other day that it is as if the treasures and I have flown around the country for many lifetimes. Not knowing where we would land but having faith that we would. As I was trying to get ready for this photo shoot I remember a particular moment. I had dug a mannequin out of the garage and was hauling it up the stairs. All of sudden I sat down and a tear came to my eye as I thought "this is it" this is the moment it all makes sense. This is what it has been about all this time and now I have landed. I looked around my living room (aka as my studio until the barn on the water comes) and saw bits and pieces of everything imaginable. Lace, fabric, ribbons, pictures and sewing machines and thought I am here. I am in my very own "Theatre of Dreams". A place where the machine dances as it hums and the scent of the solder on soldering iron means something beautiful. I have finally found me in this theatre. This magical place that only four months ago did not exist. I had just moved and it was all packed away but as an artist (it took a very special friend to call me that for me to believe it) I felt an emptiness. So for what felt like the hundredth time out it all came again only now it felt different. This time I felt focus and an unstoppable vision. I prayed to have strength and the rest is history. My "Fair Belle Maidens" were born. I cannot take credit alone in this venture. So many people in such a few short months have played a huge part. They have so willingly shared with me bits of magic for my theatre and have helped me bring this play to life. You know who you are and to you I am eternally grateful. I cannot express the excitement I feel to be able to present to you my line of saloon slips and jewelry. All altered one of a kind originals brought together with "bits and pieces" of my dreams. I hope you enjoy and watch my story unfold as a lifetime of vision continues to come alive.















My product line will be available for purchase over the next few weeks locally at Glitz and Glam Emporium in Lakeland, Florida, Uptown Cottage @ Forty Three Oh 3 in Tampa, Florida and here through my blog. If you see anything you would like to inquire about please contact me at geaniefinley@aol.com. Wholesale orders are also welcomed. I am currently working on a website and  facebook page with Lori McGee from Chasing Claire DeLune. Thank you Lori, your talent is amazing. If you my friends would please share this post I would be so very grateful. Stay tuned this week for a wonderful give-a-way you will not want to miss.

xoxoxo
Juju

7 comments:

Cinin said...

To my dear friend Geanie...my heart is bursting with emotions for you right now...to have finally come into your own where your passions,beauty and love for this venture pours out of your fingertips...finally having landed in the space that you were searching for and feeling fulfilled...fulfilling a calling that you didn't know the orgin of...the photos are crackling with life and pure energy...don't know a better way to say it...I can almost hear, like faint voices from long ago the stories these creations could tell...Congratulations doesn't seem like enough to say...I love you my friend and am so happy for you ...so dance in the field of flowers ad follow your dreams.....

KatCollects said...

Beautiful! I am so happy your dreams are coming true for you. Big hugs,
Kathy

MaryDee said...

Ditto the above comment! I am so happy for you & your new line of creativities! Huge Texas-sized hugs!

LaLa said...

In some ways this does seem like the culmination of a lifetime of dreams and aspirations, but it really is your jumping off point. You did it, you've got yourself all the way to the high diving board, now just curl your toes and.......

love ya so mon petit belle

Autumn said...

Merci! Lovely work ...what a wonderful adventure!

Autumn said...

Lovely work! What a wonderful adventure!!

Nalbritton said...

Geanie, such beautiful work! You are such a talented woman and these wonderful slips and jewelery are just a tip of the iceberg! Congrats on a fabulous premier! Love Ya, Natalie


LIKE US ON FACEBOOK.....